When You Just Need Someone to Listen.
Still Waters Counseling is a family-friendly practice specializing in the holistic treatment of mental and behavioral disorders. Founded in a home office as Hudson Family Therapy in 2000, Still Waters Counseling now has offices in two Michigan communities: Saline and Adrian. The practice changed its name to Still Waters Counseling LLC in 2004 to reflect our aim as therapists to be still and reflective, as well as the peace and calm that we hope our clients will attain through counseling.
Still Waters Counseling is co-owned and operated by a husband-wife team, Smita Nagpal, Ph.D and Brian Pearson, Ph.D., both licensed psychologists with a strong background in family systems, marital and family therapy. Still Waters is a culturally and ethnically diverse practice and our clinicians represent a wide range of backgrounds and areas of expertise. However, the common link is utilizing the Family Systems framework in our work with clients. Read more about the Family Systems framework here.
Still Waters is pleased to announce that we now offer psychiatric services. Dr. Ravi Polavarapu M.D. joins us with extensive experience in the treatment of mood disorders such as anxiety, depression, and bipolar disorder, as well as substance use disorders. He works with children, adults, and geriatric patients. He is able to prescribe medications including Suboxone maintenance treatment for patients with opiate dependency. Please contact our office for further information.
Our growing team of competent and experienced professionals offer many different types of services:
- Individual Counseling for issues such as grief and loss, depression, anxiety disorders (general anxiety, phobias, OCD and panic disorder), anger management, & addictive behaviors.
- Family Counseling for child behavior problems, ADHD, childhood anxiety and depression, strengthening of parenting skills.
- Marriage and relationship counseling, divorce, co-parenting, and step-family issues.
- Psychological evaluations for child custody arrangements and ADHD / ADD.
- Psychiatric services.
- Substance Abuse Assessments
- Driver’s License Evaluations
Need some inspiration? Take a look at this video (duration: 16 mins).
Here is a much longer, but inspiring video (duration 1 hour, 16 min).
A funny video about men and women’s communication patterns (1 min, 42 sec)
The Saline office is located at 137 Keveling Drive, Saline, MI 48176
(In the complex behind Tim Horton’s)
The Adrian office is located at 403 N. Broad Street, Adrian, MI, 49221
Telephone (734) 944-3446 or (517) 266-8500